Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Poem #5 Thirty Poems in Thirty Days

A Game of Intermittent Reinforcement

Because you have turned right and headed for the pond
Because you have scurried along the grass like a worm
Because you have disappeared into a clod
Because you have stopped just before falling into a hole
Because you have settled into a patch of long stemmed grass
Because you have scuttled like a crab in sand
Because you have kept rolling until you fell over the other side
Because you have crossed over the line and beyond the boundary stake
Because you have flown way over your appointed place
Because you have taken a dunk in a narrow still stream
Because you have tangled with trees and bushes
I am changing the rules

Now that I am free, I will walk you around ponds and streams
Now that I am free, I will carry you through the sand
Now that I am free, I will drop you in the hole
Par

Linda ©2009
NaPoWriMo: 30 Poems in 30 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment