Tuesday, September 29, 2009

9/29/'09 Five Minute Riffs

Reading the paper early in the morning can be/ is a daunting experience. This morning I read an article about the pervasiveness of germs on everything I touch. I am presently typing on a contaminated keyboard. Dirt smudges I hadn't noticed suddenly glare at me with defiance. My sponges need to be replaced or at the least be placed in the microwave for ten seconds of decontamination.. Perhaps I should cut paper towels into four inch squares and keep a few in my pockets to use : when picking up tongs around a salad bar, when opening and closing faucets, when pressing an elevator button. Perhaps gloves will look a bit less eccentric.


Then there was the small piece about Manny's sore hamstring. The hamstring strikes the Dodgers the way it struck the Red Sox.

No comments:

Post a Comment