Thursday, June 3, 2010

Amor est Vitae Essentia

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do
with your one wild and precious life."
--Mary Oliver



I'll walk on paths
covered with pebbles
calved from boulders.

I'll rest on a hill
under the shade
of the Balm of Gilead.

I'll braid rhododendrons
in my hair, and wear your touch
like a sequined gown
at a dancehall on Friday night.

I'll sew our silhouettes
with heather-scent thread.
sprigs of thyme,
a Rowan leaf,
scent of laurel,

our breath tuned
to wind-song.

Linda Frances 2010
Big Tent Poetry

10 comments:

  1. Linda, this is marvelous. The images are imaginative and emotional . . . other worldly and very much in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scents and images!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sewing silhouettes is a fabulous image!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love braiding rhododendrums and sewing silouettes. Well done!

    http://inthecornerofmyeye.blogspot.com/2010/06/tauranga-jet-boat-ride.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great images that stimulate the senses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a scene is painted here -- beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Linda -- what a lovely scene. I love this image (and smell!): "I'll sew our silhouettes/with heather-scent thread." Love song.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your word pictures here are magical...

    ReplyDelete