Monday, August 2, 2010

ABC Wednesday : The Letter C



Maine is filled with coves. Monument Cove is one of my favorites.




Cobblestones




A cobblestone beach.




Of Cobble Beaches


If you want to spread
a blanket and sunbathe
cobble beaches aren't for you;
they are for lovers of rocks.
They are not for long walks .
Balancing on rounded rocks
requires concentration.
Side by side
cobbles often jiggle.
Take your time,
think about
how the ocean
has rounded out
hard edges.

I walk with care,
mindful of my steps
in this universe
of moving parts.

13 comments:

  1. I would love to listen to the waves lapping the cobblestones. Beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos, nice poem too. One of my favourite beaches is a cobblestone one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic poem, and I love cobblestones. My father built a fireplace in the house I grew up in, with cobblestones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delightful. I've never been to one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I HAVE been there, and you're right about sitting or lying on them/
    the cove LOOKS like a c!

    ROG, ABC Wednesday team

    ReplyDelete
  6. In southern Maine near Kittery the beaches have small rounded stone that look like birds eggs. Some now reside in our yard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful scenery and pictures. =) I love cobblestones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'Monument Cove' ...well that has just been added to my travel list. If we're ever back in Maine (as I suspect we shall be), I'm heading there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely poem and beautiful photos. I love the ones of the coves -vivid and bright. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely coves and pebbles! :D beautiful photography..!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love cobblestone beaches, so much to look at. Your poem captures the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How beautiful! I particularly love this part:

    I walk with care,
    mindful of my steps
    in this universe
    of moving parts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cobblestone beaches are a particular kind of lovely, aren't they? I used to like walking on them, but these days I'd just twist my ankle(s) within yards!

    The poem is clever!

    ReplyDelete