Friday, December 31, 2010

Left to Do

Clean the basement of last year's detritus,
three half done collages,
an assemblage of clippings,
found art, twisted twigs, an acorn, 
candy wrappers, a yard of frayed string
and two can tops

Arrange my 3,256 photos 
into manageable folders,
salvage everything in focus,
dismiss the rest

Write two letters 
longhand
with a pen equipped with a bladder,
an aerometric filler, not a cartridge

Post before 2011

Iron the four summer shirts,
folded and waiting on the shelf
as if their presence will thwart winter
into obeisance


Check out reading challenges for 2011

Start reading " In the beginning..." and
continue until 2012 and "... be with you all."

Select a biography of Dowager Empress CiXi,
the Dragon Lady, who started as a concubine 

Start the first drawing in 642 Things to Sketch

Leave it all until 2011.



Linda Watskin

4 comments:

  1. isn't it wonderful how many possibilities there are! (maddening, of course, to not be able to get to them all, but wonderful just the same)

    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the four summer shirts thwarting winter. And I love the mention of a bladder fountain pen - I still use one from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like my left-to-do list. But I wish I had a basement to mess up with artsy things.
    I read a wonderful historical fiction book about the dowager empress...can remember the author or title. If you're interested, I can look it up.
    Good luck catching up in 2011.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. nicely done and thanks for sharing...have a great NY

    ReplyDelete