Wednesday, April 13, 2011

The Not Quite Erotic Poem For a Past Lover

In anthologies love poems are serious,
lovers wear anguish, despair wraps around
the groin of a rejected lover
Adjectives recline on the beloved's breasts
and stare at dangling legs

On the other hand
there are poems which treat love
as a cowl with a drawstring
Here the lover ruminates upon nude figures
in a water fountain
Controls balance and shift

You shifted and I lost balance
breaking roots above the dirt line
I wore giant rhododendrons
I siphoned words
I wore your touch like a sequined gown
at a dancehall on Friday night


Linda Watskin 2011
Day 13
Poetic Asides prompt

1 comment:

  1. Linda... Not quite erotic? Mhmm seems quite erotic to me... great last two lines...

    "I wore your touch like a sequined gown
    at a dancehall on Friday night"

    Major kudos....

    ReplyDelete