Thursday, April 7, 2011

Tea Ceremony

What if I brewed wild rose tea
in large mugs big enough to hold time
We can talk of fragrances, of aromas

Mountain cranberry
scattered on summit rocks
Kelp at low tide when the wind
carries the scent of mollusks, salt, and abalone shells
Chicken braised in an iron skillet
Broccoli steamed in your red enamel pot
Your kitchen wall out of focus

What if my senses become watercolor washes
and filter the tea's aroma into dream sequences

What if I read your fortune


Linda Watskin. 2011
Day 7
Poetic Asides Prompt

3 comments:

  1. Love this. It reminds me of my own tea ritual with a wild rose cup. A lovely picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is warm and wonderful. I love the image of mugs big enough to hold time. Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well then, we'd have tea together, eat and talk of tomorrows. Sounds good to me! I love the inviting tone and imagery. Well done.
    ~Brenda

    ReplyDelete